BOO, YOU WHORE! X TUMBLR TAGGED



Today marks the tenth anniversary of the release of the legendary movie Mean Girls, and—YOU GUESSED IT—it is a Wednesday, so I’m wearing pink. (I am fighting the urge to type in ‘you can’t sit with us’ after that sentence, I am fighting).


And I am wearing stilettos! Woooaaahhh plot twist. I'm just kidding. I cheated. I wore it for this picture then went barefoot for the rest of the shoot.
I tried posing like a legit mean girl but ended up laughing instead. My reputation as a heartless bitch is ruined.
I’ve watched Mean Girls waaay too many times over the years, and as much as I enjoy laughing at the epitome of sarcasm and the ultimate narcissistic bitch that is Regina George, this movie was built in with quote-unquote life lessons masked under all the glamorous hair and skimpy skirts. 




I’m in a weird place right now and I don’t feel like writing metaphors, so I’ll just list them in a bullet form:

  •      \  Real life is like high school, just with bigger stakes (I got this quote from Glee but it fits with this movie like a puzzle)
  •         People will leave and it will be okay. More people will come and it will even be better.
  •        Don’t change to be cool. It will take a toll on the real you, and you don’t want that.
  •        The line “friends are one soul in two bodies” is indeed true, and you need the other half of your soul no matter what transpires.
  •       Hearts break, lessons are learned, and it all happens for a higher purpose.
  •      Fetch is never going to happen so everyone needs to stop making it happen.
  •    Believing in high school royalty is pretty much code for eternally damned, but it’s like a sneak peek of what real life would be like, and you need to find your stand while it’s still early.
  •     Things will get tough but one day you’ll wake up and it’ll be okay, or maybe not, but things never happen if they’re not going to help shape you as a person.
  •  You’ll never know until you take the plunge.
  •   If you never meet obstacles, that means you’re on the wrong track. 



On to the outfit (oh my god I’m gonna talk about my outfit for the first time woah plot twist), this is what I would wear if I was part of the Plastics (more like I-have-no-other-pink-clothing-so-please-let-me-sit-with-you-Regina). I opted for a midi since it’s a lot less sultry than what is originally worn on the film. And yes, I am wearing a crown, because I am the queen bee. (The literal queen bee I guess with the stripes and all, hahahaha). I don't even know why I own a crown, but it sure came in handy.






Please forgive this jpeg diarrhea, I just really enjoyed this shoot (maybe because it is a shoot I did alone so I feel less shy?) and kind of rushed the writing of this post too.


Before I forget, I’ve been Tumblr Tagged by the ever awesome Aprielle Tiambis, and how it works is that the tagged (1) post the rules (2) answer the questions the tagger has set you in their posts, then make 11 new ones (3) tag 11 people then link them to your post, then (4) let them know that you've tagged them.

Here are her questions:

1.       Would you rather get free pizzas or free stuff from American Apparel?
As much as I love pizza, I won’t pass up the opportunity to get free AA stuff! I would even sing all the AA clothes I’ll get to sleep every night (don’t tell pizza).

2.       If you were given a chance to change your name, would you do it? If yes, what name would you change it to?
I really like my name since it’s different but at the same time quite common, but Alex sounds good (and not just because I want the same name as Alex Gaskarth or Alexa Chung ok), and so does Alaska, because it means ‘to which the sea breaks against (thanks, John Green), but oh well. I’d just have to give that name to my future children.

3.       Would you rather migrate to another country or stay in the Philippines?
Australia’s great, because it’s warm without being too goddamn hot, but I love the Philippines too much.

4.       Would you stay for a night in a haunted house for 1 billion dollars?
As long as there’s wifi. It would distract me.

5.       How thankful are you for the life that you have right now?
Super! I can’t even put into words how grateful I am. The rest of the world seems to be losing their mind, and maybe I would be too, if it weren’t for everything I have right now. I may not get everything I want, but heck, I’m happy.

6.       What would you ask from your parents if they say that they'll give you anything you want for your birthday?
Probably concert tickets. To three different bands. No shame.

7.       Would you rather have a beach party or a pool party?
A beach party! I love the sand and the sea! Aaaahhh I love the beach!!

8.       What if you have a friend from the opposite sex and is sleeping over at your place - more specifically, in your room, would it make you feel awkward or/and uncomfortable?
No, not at all. He is my friend anyway. I trust him enough to just be my friend and nothing else.

9.       What's your favorite part of your childhood?
When I was 5, I taught myself how to ride a bike. I’m really proud of that because most of my friends now still don’t know how to ride one, and the fact that I’m self-taught – I just surprised myself. I remember my dad buying me this Barbie bike with training wheels and I would ride it every day nonstop until they got the training wheels removed. This is also why my skin is soooo dark but it was worth it.

10.   What are your thoughts on teenage/puppy love? (Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else! Haha)
It’s really adorable (Have you guys seen the movie Little Manhattan? Talk about AW) and an eye-opening experience for the people involved, but some people take it way too seriously, even more seriously than adults sometimes, and that’s not the point of puppy love at all. I know teenagers are still new to all these ‘feelings’ things so we tend to overreact since we don’t know what to do, but these things are supposed to be fun (please forgive me I don’t know what I’m talking about).

11.   Thoughts on same sex-marriage?
I support the hell out of this one. I mean, I don’t get why people think this is wrong. It’s love! It’s an unusual(?) kind of love, but it’s love! If you watch enough movies (like me), you’ll finally realize that you can’t choose who you fall in love with, and you can’t blame others if their love isn’t the same as yours! Just because it’s different doesn’t mean it’s wrong. And no, people involved here do not lack faith, so we should stop imposing treatment to them – this isn’t some kind of disease. (I sound like Macklemore and I’m proud hahahaha).

And these are my questions:

1.       What’s your favorite song at the moment?
2.       What’s the song that you’re so annoyed of hearing? (I’m already out of questions)
3.       What inspired your blog name?
4.       Have you ever faked your name in Starbucks? What did you change it to?
5.       DID YOU CRY AT THE LAST EPISODE OF HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
6.       Do you think someone’s taste in music influences the way they dress?
7.       What’s the first law you would pass if you become president?
8.       Do you have a favorite word? If so, what is it?
9.       What course are you taking on college?
10.   What trend do you think is probably the most ridiculous?
11.   What’s your favorite line from a movie?

People I’m tagging:
Ally from drops of daises
Isabel from the little things
Therese from the mild child
Cidee from take he(art)
Jia from rough & tough
Jodie from a sunny day blog
Julia from forever young
Lia from weird kid
Lauren from my fashion kicks
Lexie from oh pink candyfloss 
Armi from the wanderer’s rush

 xx

15 comments:

  1. Am I supposed to do a shoot ala Mean Girls too? Hihi cause if that`s the case then I got no objections. Thank you for tagging me! Will do this asap :)

    P.S. Yes, Asking Alexandria was great. I was there the whole festival because I`m a fan of all the bands. Hope to meet you soon! <3

    ROUGH & TOUGH | I`m on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea!! So fab!! Hope I could tag you to the Leibster Award! :)

    bleusdelalune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea! Thanks so much for the tag! See you on the 29th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tag, Andrea! I answered your questions on my blog and you can check the post out here: http://theresegabrielle.blogspot.com/2014/05/tumblr-tagged.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg this is perfect. Mean Girls is my life, I remember being like 9 and trying to borrow it of my friends sister but she wouldn't let me! I got really upset. Thankyou for tagging me, omg your answer to number four. That's literally my answer to everything! xx


    www.ohpinkcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super gorgeous look!! <3

    Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blog and let me know where you follow and I will follow back right away!! :)

    Have a happy week ahead!
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mean Girls! Best movie ever!

    Tsui.
    Fashion Ganache.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit dear :)

    www.zeevrlyta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the outfit! Lol, I will join you in the haunted house. You have a very nice blog, I am following via GFC and Bloglovin' ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outfit so much, it's so cute and quirky! x

    http://myfashionkicks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your outfit, it's simply amazing! You look like a modern princess :) breton stripes are THE must-have, and those colours are matched so perfectly! How about following each other via GFC/Bloglovin'/Instagram/FB page? I would love to :) just let me know on my blog and I'll make sure to follow back asap! Have a nice day babe xx
    Isotta
    Red Velvet | Bloglovin' | Instagram | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  12. miss you kiddo, lets talk sometimes :) xx

    (wow i feel so old haha)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I just came across your blog and its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact amazing doesn't even describe it x That outfit though is just perfect x
    www.onlyfashi0n.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit!!! :) I like Mean Girls too! x

    http://thedauntlessgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete